Wednesday, October 28, 2009

2 month checkup

Yesterday was one of those mornings when you wake up and just have a feeling that the day is not going to go your way. I was feeling exhausted. I just went through the morning routine, got Brayden to daycare and made my way to work. I hit traffic on my way to work, which rarely happens (of course it happens when I'm running late). As I unlocked my office door, I could hear my work phone ringing already. It was daycare telling me that Brayden was acting really fussy and had a fever of 100.2 and needed to be picked up. I grabbed my stuff and headed right back out the door.
I got back to the house and we got out the ear thermometer. It was the first time that we had used it so Jeff ended up testing it on me first...100.8! No wonder I wasn't feeling so good! I was achy and had a sore throat, headache and chills all day. Brayden and I spent the entire day on the couch. Luckily, he had an appetite and was able to drink all of his bottles throughout the day. The doctor wasn't too concerned and said that she would just see him the next day since he was already scheduled to come in for his checkup. He continued to be pretty fussy throughout the night, but only got up at 2:00am and 6:00am. I was expecting to be woken up a lot more than that! He was still stuffed up this morning, but was starting to act more like his normal self. His fever went down to 99.7 also!
We got to the doctor this afternoon and our "sick" child was smiling and "talking" to the doctor. You would have never thought that he was ever sick at all! She felt comfortable enough to give him the shots that he was scheduled for today. The doc said that she thinks that he is fighting off the cold just fine and she isn't concerned since his chest sounded clear. Today he was 13 lbs, 9.5oz (75% percentile) and 25 inches (90th percentile). His head circumference was 16 1/2in (80th percentile). Hopefully he'll stay healthy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment