Saturday, August 6, 2011

Busy week!

Earlier this week, Brayden and I took a trip with the MOMS Club of Kaiserslautern to the Neurkircher Zoo. He really liked watching the monkeys and meerkats! We saw porcupines, seals, bears, zebras and elephants. I must say that I've never seen porcupines so close up like that and they were HUGE! One of the bears came right up to the fence to greet us, too. He looked so friendly, but I still wouldn't touch him! :) Brayden also got to be up close and personal with a pony that stuck his head out of the fence. I got a workout pushing the stroller up and down all of the hills in the zoo! We had a great time!
Today, we went to Burg Lichtenberg in Kusel. It was about a 40 minute drive from our house. It's actually the largest castle ruin in Germany. It was built in 1200 and was never conquered or destroyed by assaults. It was severely damaged in 1799 by a large fire and it was declared a national monument in 1895. It was wide open for Brayden to run around and climb! It also had an amazing view!


When we left the castle, we headed to lunch at a place that I had heard about called "The Big Emma". I knew that their portions were big, but never imagined that our 1/2 sized portions would be this big! Delicious food and we definitely have enough to eat for the next 2 days! Jeff got a schnitzel sandwich and I got sausages, sauerkraut and salad. Brayden had schnitzel and french fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment