Wednesday, January 21, 2009

First baby pictures!!

We went back to the doctor today for another checkup. I had to get a physical and all of the other fun exams that come with pregnancy. I just love being poked and prodded on...haha...guess I better get used to it! The doctor tried to listen to the heartbeat using the doppler thing and we didn't have any luck. I knew that it was a little early to be able to hear it since I'm not at 10 weeks yet, but it was still a little nerve-racking when we couldn't hear anything. She ordered an ultrasound so that we could see the heartbeat instead. We went back this afternoon and had the ultrasound done and we were able to see our baby for the first time! The heart was fluttering away at 176 beats per minute. It was probably the coolest thing that we have ever seen! It was such a relief to see the baby and the heartbeat going strong.

I think now it has set in and this experience is a reality! I have another appointment in 4 weeks for another checkup. It feels like August is so far away, but I'm sure that time will fly by!
I have realized that I don't suffer from morning sickness...it's "night" sickness. The hardest time of the day for me seems to be right before dinner. I just get really nauseous and of course that doesn't help me when deciding what to cook for dinner! I consider myself lucky though because I really haven't been that sick and I've been feeling great except I get very tired sometimes! We are very, very excited that we got to see the baby and we're looking forward to seeing him/her grow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment