Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Ice, Ice, Baby

Anyone that has ever worked in an elementary school knows that you look forward to snow days more than you did when you were in school. Typically I would yell at the person at the other end of a 5:30a.m. phone call for waking me up, but I love when it's the automated message telling us that school has been cancelled! On Tuesday, school was cancelled because we had freezing rain overnight. It actually made all of the trees look really pretty, but the roads weren't so pretty. On Tuesday night, I was surprised to hear that they had already cancelled school for Wednesday since they usually wait until the morning of. When I woke up on Wednesday morning, it was snowing and there was less than an inch on the ground. Our power went out a few times, but luckily it went right back on. It's kind of funny to think that they cancel school down here with less than an inch on the ground, when Ohio is getting over a foot of snow!
Lucy LOVES to play in the snow and she loves it even more when she gets to play with Mason and Daisy. Mason and Daisy are our neighbors' dachshunds and they love to play! She gets a lot of playdates with them!


1 comment:

  1. Just thought I would say hi, and tell you that I am linking your blog to mine, so I can check it whenever I want!

    ReplyDelete