Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Moving right along...

Today was my 36 week appointment. I usually hate going to the doctor, but I really look forward to it every week now just to see how the baby is coming along. When we moved here, I started going to a practice that has 7 doctors. They have tried to set me up to see a different one each time that I go so that I will get to meet all of them before delivery time. I have seen 4 out of the 7 and I have liked all of them so far! Hopefully I will get to meet the rest of them before the baby gets here!
Jeff got to go with me for the first time today. He was able to meet me for all of my appointments when we were at Ft. Campbell, but his new work schedule really hasn't allowed him to come to any here in Cinci yet. There are some days that he is working at Good Samaritan (where I work and where the baby will be delivered), so that could be convenient if I go into labor at work!
Today my blood pressure was normal and my weight remained the same since last week. We heard a nice strong baby heartbeat and the doctor said that I really don't look like we're having a huge baby or anything...haha. Good thing for me! The baby's head is down and ready to go. Now for the crazy part...I'm already 1 1/2 cm dilated and 25% effaced. Holy cow! The doctor said that this is no prediction of when delivery will take place, but it's a great start. She said that most first time moms go into labor right around their due date, so the progression is no indication for anything. We'll just have to wait and see what happens next! It's still nice to know that we're getting somewhere!
I've been feeling pretty good. I've noticed the baby dropping quite a bit in the past few weeks. I've felt a ton of movement and I can feel the movement a lot lower these days. It's exciting because that means that he/she is making their way down, but it's not too exciting for my bladder! haha I've definitely been having Braxton Hicks contractions and there are some days when they can be kinda painful. I usually just take that as a sign that I've overdone it for the day and I need to take a rest.
The strep B test came back negative which means that I won't need any antibiotics during delivery. I have not heard anything yet about my glucose tolerance test, but I'm taking no news as good news! :)
Well, hopefully things will continue to move right along and we'll get to meet the baby soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment